When flat screen monitors came into the market, there was a need to introduce monitor stands. This was a great solution to accommodate the lighter and slim design of the monitors. The initial CRT monitors were quite bulky and could not be mounted on a stand. Today, most monitor screen will come with a base that will serve as a stand. With the need to improve on productivity, there are professionals that need multiple monitor setups. A quad monitor stand will be able to hold 4 monitors at a time.
Such monitors that support multiple monitor setup are usually adjustable for angle and positioning. One of the biggest challenges for most people is finding the right quad monitor stand for their screens. As much as most monitors will come with default stand, they are not ergonomic and may not be ideal for multiple monitor setups.
There are so many different types of quad monitors stands on the market and they can serve different functions. One of the main functions of the quad monitor stands is to help in setting up a video wall using the ultra wide screens. This will not only improve the visuals, but the overall productivity. The biggest challenge for most people is being able to find the right quad monitor stand.
With the numerous models available on the market, you may end up quite confused on the particular stand to purchase. Having realized the challenge in this issue, we will look at a number of essential factors that serve as a guide to finding the best quad monitor stand.
- A quad monitor stand will increase your productivity levels since you can use 4 monitors simultaneously.
- Once you set up your monitors on the stand, you will have an organized workstation and your table will be free. You can use your desk for other functions.
- With the flexible features of the quad monitor stands, you can be able to position the monitors and place them in the angles that you prefer.
- The stands are quite strong and firm, which will make it possible for them to hold all the screens in place, without wobbling.
- With the elevation angles on the monitor screens on the stand, you will not strain your back or shoulder muscles. This is because you will have the right angle and positioning of all your screens.
- If your profession involves wide displays, the quad monitor stand will be an essential component. You can use them to create video walls using your monitor screens.
- The quad monitor stand is quite economical, compared to 4 single arm monitors.
- There are some models of the quad monitor stands that are not aligned properly. As such, the monitors are not on the same level, which may make it difficult to set up a video wall.
- Some stands start to wobble as soon as the 4 monitors are mounted and seem not to have the capacity to handle all the screens at a time. This may be quite risky in the event that the stand collapses with the screens mounted.
- The quad monitor stands have several joints to be able to handle all the monitors at once. Unfortunately, after a while the joints become loose and this causes the monitors to sag, when mounted.
There are different models and brands of the monitor stands on the market. There are some that will have more drawbacks than others and as such, you should compare all brands and ensure that you buy the one that has the least disadvantages and more benefits.
Who needs Quad Monitor Stands?
Generally, an average person may not need a dual stand, let alone quad monitor stands. These stands that hold 4 monitors are meant for avid gamers and other professionals that require several monitors at any given time. Programmers and medical research experts may find the quadruple stands quite useful.
Features To Note
Having established that there are so many models of quad monitor stands, there are some key features that you should look out for when shopping for such stands. Flexibility and stability of the stands are quite essential. Here are some of the key features that every quad monitor stand should possess:
- Adjustable: You should look for a monitor stand that is flexible such that it provides versatility as far as functionality is concerned. With the flexibility, the quad monitor stand should allow you to adjust and move it in any direction, without affecting your comfort level.
- Strength: Supporting 4 monitors is not a light task. Always check to ensure that the stand you intend to buy has the capacity to hold the 4 monitor screens, without giving in.
- Durability: This is a great investment and as such, it should be durable, so that you are not subjected to buying a new stand after a few weeks. Some of the best materials that will guarantee strength and durability are aluminum and steel
- Design: The quad monitor stand is commonly used for large display and multiple monitor setups. You should find one that has an appealing design and all the relevant features of the single, dual and triple monitor stands
Top Manufacturers of Quadruple Stands
Having understood the various aspects that you should be keen on when shopping for a monitor stand, it would be a great advantage to get to know some of the top models on the market. We have reviewed some of the best quad monitor stands, hoping that this would help you make an informed decision on the most ideal stand for your monitors.
Loctek DF2Q Full Motion Free Standing Quad Monitor Arm
This is a clamp-type, monitor stand that is quite flexible. It is simple, yet quite versatile in terms of functionality. This is a suitable monitor stand that will enhance productivity by reducing neck, shoulder, back and eye strain. When you mount your monitors, the stand allows you to free up sufficient desk space. The quad stand is compatible with VESA 75mm and 100mm.
It can handle screens from 10 to 27 inches and has a loading capacity of 22 lbs on every arm. This means that it can hold 88 pounds, full capacity. The stand has a tilt angle of 85 degrees, which gives you the convenience to adjust it to your desired angle.
Each arm has a maximum extension of 378mm and the overall height adjustment for this monitor is from 200 to 680mm. The V-shaped base ensures that the monitor stand is stable and able to hold all the screens, without quivering.
MonMountLCD-199 Quad LCD Monitor Clamp
With this quad monitor stand, you can hold 4 monitor screens at a go, and free up your workspace. The Double-Link Swing Arms offers an elevated and secure position for the mounted screens. The stand is quite flexible since you can tilt, rotate and adjust the height to a comfortable position and angle, which will enhance productivity.
The installation is pretty easy and straightforward. It is made of strong material, which makes it strong and durable. It is made from die-cast aluminum, making it a heavy duty quad monitor stand. You do not need any drilling to install this stand, all the hardware is included.
It can support monitors up to 24”, with a maximum capacity of 16 lbs on each arm. It fits with the VESA 75mm and 100mm monitors, making it an ideal stand for studios, offices and other places of work. It has cable management trim caps and clips, which will reduce the clutter on your setup.
Viotek Articulating Quad 4-Monitor Stand
The Viotek quad monitor stand is ideal for all the monitor needs that you may have. Besides the monitor being easy to install and set up, it is stable and quite secure to hold all your monitors in place. This is a great monitor for anyone who needs go set up multiple monitors for gaming, sports, stocks monitoring and other professional tasks.
This monitor stand has VESA quick-release plates on each of the articulating arms. This will make it very easy to assemble and disassemble your set up. The cable management feature allows you to have all your cables in an organized manner.
It can hold monitors from 13 inches all the way to 27 inches and has a solid base support. This allows the Viotek stand to support screens, with a maximum weight of 22 lbs, on each arm. It is fully adjustable, with each arm rotating at an angle of +/- 90 degrees.
EZM Pyramid Quad Monitor Mount Stand Free (002-0034)
This ergonomic quad monitor stand is one of the best rated free standing, with a pyramid formation. It allows users to mount 4 different screens, of up to 24 inches. This is an ideal solution for workstations that have limited spaces as it tends to free up some valuable desk space.
It is compatible with monitors that have the VESA mounting option 75 x 75 mm and 100 x 100mm. The flexibility of the monitor stand will allow you to tilt, swivel, rotate and elevate the monitor to your desired height. The joints are made from die-cast, which allows the arms to swivel to 180 degrees, without compromising the stability of the monitors mounted.
You can use the monitor in landscape or portrait orientation since the stand comes with rotating mounting heads to accommodate this. The metal base is quite heavy, giving the stand the stability that it requires to hold the four monitors in place.
Planar Quad Monitor Stand (997-5602-00)
Planar 997-5602-00 holds 4 monitor screens that can be between 15 and 24 inches wide. Each of the four arms on this quad monitor stand has the capacity to handle a maximum weight of 26.5 lbs. This is facilitated by the sturdy construction of the stand and a solid base that holds the stand in place and enhances stability.
The monitor stand is quite flexible and will allow you to tilt your display up and down and also swivel the sides to an angle of 20 degrees. Each arm allows you to rotate the screen to a 90 degree angle, making it possible to use your displays in either portrait or landscape modes.
It is very easy to install this Planar quad stand and it comes with a cable organizer feature, which will help in the management of your cables and keeping them neat, during multiple monitor setups. It is VESA 75mm and 100mm compatible, making it easy to mount and remove your displays, with a single snap.
VIVO Quad LCD Monitor Desk Mount (STAND-V004)
The VIVO quad LCD stand is made from high-grade steel and aluminum. It can support LCD monitors from 13 inches to 27 inches, holding maximum weight of 22 lbs on each arm. The stand allows you to tighten each joint to your desired flexibility and the VESA plates can also be adjusted, such that each monitor will fit perfectly.
The stand comes with a heavy duty C-clamp and a 3” grommet, which is optional. You can tilt the monitors on the stand to +/- 15 degrees and rotate and swivel them to 360 degrees, thanks to the flexibility of this monitor stand. The stand also allows you to adjust the height, to the comfortable position.
The integrated cable management feature will ensure that all your cables are neatly organized and there is no clutter on your workstation. The arms are fully adjustable, allowing you to use your displays in either portrait or landscape modes.
We have looked at some of the critical elements that would help you find a quad monitor stand without much difficulty. In addition, we have also reviewed some of the best models, which are representative of the majority of the needs of consumers. With all this information, finding a quad monitor stand that serves the purpose perfectly should not be a tall order. Use this information as a guide and hopefully you would be able to make the right choice when buying a quad monitor stand. We will keep updating this, with the most recent and relevant information. Wishing you good success in your shopping.