At The Monitor Monitor, we believe education is the cornerstone for a connected, technologically competent future generation. At times, though, it may get difficult for students and their families to make ends meet, considering the high costs of college tuition.
According to recent data from College Board, the average cost of one year of college(everything included) was $25,000.
To show our dedication to empowering future generations, we are offering a yearly $1000 scholarship to individuals attending or planing to attend an accredited US college.
Note: The scholarship contest will take place anew every year, so one years’ winner will have to apply again the following year.
To apply for the Spring 2019 scholarship, applicants must submit a 500+ word essay on the following topic:
How does the constantly decreasing cost of mobile phones encourage activism in 3rd world countries?
We chose this topic because it will beget thought-provoking discussions on the connection between technology and political change in countries that desperately need it.
The application guidelines are as follows:
- Last date for receiving essays is March 22, 2019.
- Applications should be emailed to themonitormonitor [at] tradexusa.com in Word format, no link to Google Docs or PDFs.
- Applicants should include their name, address and phone number, and state where they are currently attending or where they plan to attend school.
- Please do not include any additional information
- Essays will be judged after the deadline according to the following criteria:
- Responsiveness to the question
- Grammar and style
- Thoughtfulness and originality
- The persuasiveness of the arguments presented